View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #635

Valves Have Stabilized

Just got down doing a little maintenance on the RX3 and TT250.

For the RX3, it was time for the 3rd valve inspection. It's at 8500 miles, 4000 miles since the last one. At that time, the intakes were in spec but the exhaust valves were solid, with the bike stalling when the clutch was pulled in and the engine dropped to idle. This time, I was happy to see that both the intake and exhaust valves were in spec and no adjustment was needed. For those who are interested, I do use Lucas 10003 Upper Cylinder Lubrication & Injector Cleaner, per CSC's recommendation. I add it at about twice the recommended ratio of 3 oz per 10 gallons of fuel, with that being 3 oz per 5 gallons for me. It appears to do the business, cushioning the valves the way lead used to in leaded gasoline. Also, very cost effective. I bought a gallon of it at Walmart for $30 and have only used 3/4 of it. Those of you having problems with valve wear might want to give it a try.

In addition to the valve inspection, I also changed out the air filter. Didn't feel like washing the old one, so I just oiled up the new spare and installed it. Other than that, not much to report. The bike is running great with no issues.