Thread: And here we go!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #22

My two cents:

I'm the very satisfied owner of a Benelli TRK 502 since April 2018 (previously had a Zongshen RX3, so find this amazing site!); since then travelled 12500 miles without any issues except for:
1. Erratic idling and stalling, rarely. Fixed at no cost by the vendor: ECU software upgrade officially released by Benelli (the usual too lean from factory issue to pass EPA tests).
2. Excessive buzz coming from the fuel pump. Vendor said it's normal, I don't think so, but so far it worked without any issues.

My trips (vacations, holidays): usually travel 300 to 600miles/day, always with passenger and fully loaded (500lbs), 70% paved roads, 20% gravel country roads, and 10% casual city riding.
On my YouTube channel you'll find some videos travelling through the Patagonia, depicting the kind of roads we face here:

Only the first two services (600mi, and 4000mi) was performed by the vendor; all the remaining was made by myself. No broken parts, only usual serviceable replacements as tires, chain/sprockets, and a suspicious rear wheel bearing.
Recently checked the valves lash and all they are under acceptable ranges.

So far I'm very very satisfied with the performance: exceeds my driving needs and capabilities, price/performance ratio is outstanding, and is extremely comfortable for long rides.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Martins.
- ex Honda Storm 125 (2009)
- ex Corven Triax 250 Touring (2016) (Zongshen RX3 carb)
Benelli TRK 502 (2018)