View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 11:05 PM   #73

Ok, here is a long over due update on my Stealth Fighter 3kW electric bicycle. Other than a little new paint, a new front tire and cleaning up some wiring, not much has been done to the bike. The regen button went south and was replaced. I also replaced the keyed on/off switch. I've mostly been riding it and taking it on camping trips with me. It's still great fun... however!

Both batteries have basically died on me. One is completely dead, the other has a bulge in the pack and can only be used for short rides. I really need to take both of them out and destroy them, as they are no longer safe to have around.

I'm looking into battery options. I may get a gentleman in Sweden to build me a high-output pack. This won't happen until Spring though. Battery technology has improved quite a bit since I bought this bike 3 years ago. I still have the Russian Adaptto Max-E controller, BMS and coil charger. The high speed hubmotor that I had planned will also happen now. I may also change the color to red and have the new hubmotor built on a 19" motorcycle wheel. The front will be a 21".

This bike is too much fun to have just sitting around. I will update as things happen. There are no plans to get rid of it or anything like that. My projects have decreased a lot in number but I'm not dead yet. A lot has changed in my life since I posted regularly here.

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II