View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior91
shift shaft seal???
I'm pretty sure the oil leak isn't coming from there.

Well the other day I learned a hard lesson. If a clutch is ever prone to slipping DON'T GO FAR FROM HOME. I got out on the back roads and it was shifting and riding perfectly. It was a really sweet ride, so I just kept going and going :? . Then all of the sudden in sixth gear the engine started to rev up, and I knew it was slipping. So I turned around and pulled over for 15 min to let it cool. Started back up and... it's still slipping. So I turned it off for 45 min. Went and stared at a few cows for entertainment, then started up and... still slipping :( . I had to push with my feet to even get moving :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: . I ended up limping it home in 5th gear at low throttle slipping in out every few seconds while going about 20-25mph.

But now I'm home and I yesterday I opened up the clutch and good news... the steel plates still look fine . So I ordered the friction plates and springs for $53 and they should be hear within a week. I'll keep everyone posted who's interested.

Thanks to all you guys for recommending this trade. I can already tell I'm going to love this bike, and the motor really seems to be a strong runner despite the oil leak.