View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 03:37 PM   #1

Dropped TWICE in the same day!!!!

I have been riding off & on since I was 9.
I have wrecked many times, 99% of the time was while off roading so that was to be expected.
But never, ever, never ever once have I ever dropped / lost control
of a bike at crawling speed before. Till I got this 623 lb (after all the extras added) V-Star Cruiser !!!!
Yesterday, pulled into the bank parking lot, backing into a parking spot and my left foot lost grip, , , , , BLAM! On the ground it went. Cracked left mirror and skinned up handlebar end cap and left saddle bag just a tiny bit. How embarrassing!!!!!! It was at this point I learned I can NOT pick it back up alone! Thankfully another biker (driving his pickup truck) seen the fail and pulled in and the two of us stood it back up. Only my pride was hurt as far as my own body.
THEN, , , , not 30 min latter, pulled into my own frigg'n driveway and lost it AGAIN!!!! Started to lean over on me and this time I was at a dead stop and simply lacked the strength to hold it up on an odd angle incline. --- kind of hard to explain, but to help visualize: the bike was pointed at a 45 degree angle to the 5ish % incline of the driveway. -- I will snap a pic of the driveway and post latter to show what I mean. So, over she went again. both me and my neighbor could not stand it up, so a "phone a friend" was called in and took 3 of us now with the greatest of ease to stand it back up.