View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 02:24 PM   #140

Hey guys, I have the title/MCO and am preparing to go the DMV in central Arkansas to get 2 bikes i'm assembling to be registered to be legal on the street. My paperwork list the bike as an "Off Road Motorcycle" I recall seeing a thread on here somewhere where the paper work on the title had to be changed to motorcycle before it could be registered, am I correct to assume that "Off Road Motocycle" would be a problem? If so, what would I ask the dealer to get this corrected.
Is it possible that I could take my existing paperwork to the DMV with "Off Road motorcycle" and hope to be successful?

emptyschmitz above referenced needing the following documents from your dealer to get their registered: Odometer Statement, Bill of Sale and Certificate of Origin... I only have the Certificate of Origin.

Sir kayakalot who is in Arkansas like me referenced he only needed "MCO, proof of insurance and proof of assessment". I was planning to let my kids ride these a year or so around my house or so before allowing them out on the road. Is insurance still necessary in my case? Or is a must to get the bikes registered? I was hoping to hold off on the insurance until they were to be used on the road, but I didn't want to mess up or be penalized by not registering when I received the bikes either.