View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 09:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
The bearing is BUC 6204 RS

The hub and brake drum contain the cush bearing (rubber fits to hub) with bearing CXCL 6202 2RS/X1

The brake drum side of the hub uses bearing CXCL 6302 2RS/X1

Both front bearings are labeled: 6301 2RS/X1
Some people here may know this, but for those who don't ... here's a crash course on ball bearings.

The numbers I have highlighted in the above posts are the bearing industry trade sizes. Bearing sizes are mostly standardized, so if you have the size and know what kind of seals you want, finding replacements is easy.

As an example, take the front wheel bearings:
Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Both front bearings are labeled: 6301 2RS/X1
6301 is the size of the bearing. Google "6301 bearing" and it's easy to find. 37mm total diameter by 12mm wide with a 12mm central bore (picture attached to this post).

2RS indicates the seal type. 2 Rubber Seals. So these bearings are sealed on both sides.

So if I wanted bearings that would fit the front wheel of my X-Pect, I could go to Amazon, eBay or many other places and simply search for "6301 bearing" and look for my favorite brands like NSK, SKF, Timken, etc.

Look for one with seals on both sides. Often the sellers will add "2RS" to the title because that's a common designation, but different bearing companies designate sealed bearings in different ways.

In an application like this, I would definitely stick to a high-quality, brand-name bearing. Common sizes like these are not very expensive. You can also check the bearing manufacturer websites for specs about the bearings to make sure they're appropriate for this type of application.

I've found it's often cheap and easy to find replacements bearings for things like automotive pulleys, power tools and electric motors.
Attached Images