View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 02:51 PM   #3

Tortoise, LOL

My only hesitation wouldn't be whether it is a pile of junk, but rather the value for your dollar vs. an established brand. For reference, however, Cleveland Cyclewerks have had enthusiasm for their retro bikes, such as their Misfit and Ace models, not to mention their bobber which started them off as a legitimate brand. Those have MSRPs of around the same price that SSR is asking. I love singles, but the SSR twin engine in their twins (couldn't resist) is intriguing to me.

Based on that other thread, there is an awful Nepalese short film about some guy's infatuation with a Buccaneer, so I would try to find out about the bike from Nepal's bike press (they should have English sites). Not sure where else the model is sold, but the brand in the film says 'Italjet' so try that brand in Google.

I am fairly certain you won't be a Guinea pig (the bad kind--i.e. how to get warranty issues covered, but more likely the 'good' kind like here on Chinariders with members asking you a million questions), but I totally understand your hesitation 'just in case!'

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard