View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 03:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
it was pretty black and dirty i also did notice when i cleaned the throttle body that the air intake had not oil but gas in it not to mention i only cleaned it because i thought it was the carb i feel like im getting closer and closer to the answer

Gotcha gotcha. Im not super super familiar with efi models. But id welll assume its probably something faulty with the fueling system. Having gas in the air box/air intake is not ideal whatsoever. If I were you when your mechanic comes over tomorrow Id definetly mention that to em. Honestly dont know what would cause gas to go there (carb kinda guy lol). I do know that having the spark plug be black and dirty could also be running too rich(too much fuel). Which would make sense since theres gas in the air intake. But how it got there I cant say for certain. Which would also explain not being able to get to higher rpms for sure. If theres too much gas and not enough air it aint gonna run right. Way too much gas (Flooded) and it just dont do shit lol. Could be the reason it started now is that old gas inside the compression chamber had evaporated off to the point where it wasnt flooded

1998 Suzuki Intruder VS800 (bobbed out)
2021 Sur Ron Lightbee Supermoto (Heavily modified up to 40hp peak)