View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 02:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
the mechanic is just the guy that built it that i bought it from and he works on his bikes for a hobby hes stopping by tomorrow im defiantly starting with the values but when i try to started it now something in the cylinder sounds clogged but the only that was change was the transmission fluid and the trip and i put premium gas in it

I feel ya. How was the spark plug before you changed it? If it was fouled or had a lot of black soot(carbon type shit) built up on it could be an indication it had oil in the compression chamber. Premium shouldnt really make a difference unless the bike has been heavily modified. 87 works fine for stock imo. But yeah definetly check the valves. For me, mine were too tight for a bit (forgot about it). But it still ran. Not sure what could be causing a clogged sound, havent experienced that myself on a bike. Besides maybe its not getting enough air..... Actually there is one thing i could possibly think of. The air box. Idk if the dlx has it but I assume it would. Theres a hose coming off the rear part of the engine next to the starter that goes into the air box. It could be flooding the air box with oil. Can try pulling off the portion to the air box and if oil flows out that can definetly be an issue

1998 Suzuki Intruder VS800 (bobbed out)
2021 Sur Ron Lightbee Supermoto (Heavily modified up to 40hp peak)