Thread: Moto Cult
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 01:49 PM   #44

You can certainly piece together the different bits to make up what comes in the Motocult kit, but do also be aware that you'd have to have material machined off the top of the cylinder deck, as well using the thinner head gasket, to obtain the same compression increase. That results in a change to the valve train geometry that can be corrected by either installing the rocker arm assembly shim included in the Motocult kit, or using shorter pushrods. I chose to use shorter pushrods myself.

I ultimately chose to go with the Motocult kit because it was basically a drop-in deal with all the figuring and machining already done for me. They also included a couple handy tools, a flywheel puller and MAG side crank seal installer, in the kit. Was it more money that way? Sure, but I don't mind supporting those that are into helping us make our CG engines better for our purposes. Also, the owner, Devin Biek, has been very responsive and helpful the couple times that I called him for some technical direction. People will have their own opinions, but I think what Motocult provides is fairly priced given the development and testing they've done to make sure their kit works well.
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.