Thread: Moto Cult
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 12:55 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
How many miles since you did the stage 3? Can you hit 70 mph with ease, now? Also, very interested in that "custom-made cable controlled choke". How you do that?
I've got a little over 300 miles since I installed the stage 3 kit. 70 mph on GPS is right about what it's capable of on level ground, or just a touch more. I wouldn't say it gets there "with ease" as it takes a bit from 60+ to gain additional speed. I also wouldn't want to cruise at 70 with my current gearing as it's fairly "buzzy" above 60. It would be better if I geared it up some by dropping a few teeth on the rear sprocket for that kind of riding. I won't be doing that anytime soon though, as the stock 17/50 gearing seems just about an ideal compromise for the combination of riding I intend to do with this bike. I don't intend to do much in the way of any freeway riding unless it's just a short section. I have ridden it on the freeway at 65-ish and it's buzzing pretty good at around 7k on the tach. It doesn't have any real trouble doing it and I climbed a fairly decent little grade on I-80 between Auburn and Applegate CA and was able to maintain 65, or just over. That was all it had though. There wasn't much in the way of any reserve power on that grade at highway speed.

I also noticed at the freeway exit stop sign that I had noticeably more clutch freeplay which is an indication the oil had gotten pretty warm. The clutch feel went right back to normal after just a couple miles of slower cruising on secondary roads. I've since installed an oil cooler to help with that.

I may even go a little lower on the gearing to improve the low-speed trail manners. Once we get some good trail riding conditions I'll see how it does. I've got a 16 tooth countershaft sprocket I can install if I feel it will be better for me. Once the stock chain and sprockets require replacement, I'll be switching to a 520 chain and select my gearing based on my impressions up to that point.

As for the cable choke mod, I wrote up a fairly detailed thread on it: https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=33946

Best of luck in your endeavors!
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Last edited by superjocko; 03-25-2024 at 11:40 AM.