View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Excellent work on the bike! Like the rest, cannot wait to see the final product...

Taotao has gotten into the 'race' scooter game with a new bike. Actually, they sold one that looked like the Dongfang up to last year. This new one is not as fugly looking as the Dongfang bike, except, look at the rear wheel! YIKES!!!???

http://taotao.us/index.cfm/electric-vehicles/racer501/
thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's a 15" on the front in the most recent pics? I think it's well-proportioned.
thank you, yes it is I have some newer pics. I did a mock up of the belly pan extension. I'm gonna have to extend it for the underslung exhaust. It also helps me come to terms with the 15"s.
I figured I'll run 2 different setups. If I'm at a kart track that's smaller with tight turns. I'll put on the 14" wheels. If I'm go to a larger kart track. Where I can get the bike up to speed. Then I'll use the 15" wheels for more stability at higher speeds, even on full sized tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
The ultimate sleeper

"Yeah it's (it was) a 50cc China Scooter/Moped/Pocket Bike"... all they see is your tail lights disappearing shortly after
LOL it's funny you say this. Back where I use to live. When I want to test my modded 165cc bike. To see how it ran at top speed. I'd get on the local road and go for it. Sometimes car in front would try to leave me. I'd be stuck to there bumper like glue. If I had a car behind me trying to keep up. I'd leave them in a dust, the road had some great turns. I always had on slicks so I plus I never had to touch the brakes....LOL
By the time I'd reach the end of the 2 mile stretch. I would sit at the light waiting for them.... The look on the faces was priceless. I had the bike geared for short track so it got to 65mph reeeeeaaaaallllll fast. And I always felt it need another gear...lol