Thread: Rustic Roads
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #15

The best 'pubs' in the Camp Lake area are long gone. The one across the Soo Line tracks from the grocery store burned down probably 35 years ago. Good food. The other was on the NE side of the lake and was called 'Marchucks Resort'. Originally, a vacation spot for folks coming up from Chicago, it had cabins and boats for rent. The cabin biz was pretty much was done when we moved there in '59. As kids, we would scrounge pop bottles and take them to the bar for the deposits and then hit their arcade to play pinball machines with our fortune in nickles. Best Friday Fish Fry in the area.

Camp Wonderland was in the town of Camp Lake but located on the western shore of Center Lake. I'd swim and water ski on that lake.

I'm headed to Northern Wisconsin this weekend with the camper and might borrow my BILs KLR650 and scope out some Rustic Roads in the Hayward area. Maybe get some lefsa and pasties, too. I'd go back to Wisconsin in a heart beat when I retire, if they wouldn't tax my wife's pension. Not much chance of that happening, so I'll just have to visit.

I wonder if Wisconsin's current governor will soon be sharing a cell with our ex-governor.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts