Thread: Rustic Roads
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Holy cow, culcune. Camp Wonderland is in Camp Lake, WI. I grew up on the east side of the lake in Trevor. Last I knew, it was still a going affair.
That is a wonderful coincidence! I fondly remember learning how to fish at Army Lake, but having far better luck at Camp Wonderland (I should ask my parents who are now in their late 70's if we went to both camps every summer or switched off every summer).

I remember one summer, my grandparents came to visit from England. My grandfather was a London cab driver and very 'English' and wanted a pub. Of course, the Salvation Army are not a drinker's best friend. But we ended up going to a bar or pub nearby in one of the towns near Wonderland, and my parents jokingly hoped that one of the staff members wasn't going to drive by and see us there, LOL.

You guys from Wisconsin have reminded me of what a great state Wisconsin was (yes, still is, but 'was' for me). This thread really solidified that, and sometime in the near future, since I should start considering making a 'bucket list' since I am hitting 45 this year, that I will definitely add this Rustic Road patch to the list!! On a Chinese bike

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard