Thread: Rustic Roads
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #9

That is great (the overall ride and the Rustic Road idea in general--obviously not the fall!!!), especially the patch!!! I grew up in Chicago up until we moved in '79 to L.A. when I was 10, but for several years prior we had friends in the Salvation Army who introduced us to the Salvation Army family camps in Wisconsin. I remember Army Lake camp and Camp Wonderland. Army Lake is near Milwaukee, but not sure where Camp Wonderland is (was?). Someone on youtube who posted a video of the historic trolley that ran in front of Army Lake confirmed that the camp is still there, and the spot that he happened to film on Army Lake Road still looks the exact same as it did in '78, the last time I was there!

The point of my ramble is that Wisconsin seems to have the same 2-lane highways that I remember from my youth, and the state is even proud of that! I will suggest this idea to Arizona considering we have plenty of rustic roads, including the old Route 66! Great idea, and even looks doable on Chinese bikes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard