View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 01:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule6 View Post
I travel on a rural four lane to work. It's not a highway, and the speed limit is only 55. everyone drives 60 to 65 on it though. It's somewhat lightly traveled. Other then that, I'll be exploring back roads and dirt trails. I have an old KLR 600, but it needs quite a bit of work, so I wanted something I can just ride. (Maintenance being a given, just not a complete overhaul)
On the one hand KLRs in good condition are usually pretty cheap. If you're already familiar with them you could get one that is mechanically in fantastic condition for the same money. As you know though, they are a handful on singletrack. I've owned a KLR and thought about rebuying one but wanted something lighter and more nimble for trails/fireroads/BDR use. After looking around for almost a year I settled on the Templar X. Just my advice but I'd wait for it. It'll be back in stock soon enough. My X is still in the break in period but it has little vibration for a single at 55mph at about 7krpm. Mine will be on roads only long enough to get to local dirt though.
Triumph Legend TT 900