View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #82

I can fit ALL of my clothing, camping gear, food and spares in Tourfella luggage without filling the top box very much. I do this by using ultralight backpacking gear. My tent is 3lbs 6oz and fits in an area of about 6x12 (Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 person UL), inflatable sleeping pad is 1 pound and the size of a water bottle (Klymit insulated V), my pillow is inflatable and is the size of a lighter and weights nothing (Klymit), my sleeping bag is down and packs down to about 6x8 inches and weights 1 pound (Marmot Quark). I use a jetboil which is compact. I put the various items in dry sacks which do a decent job of being compressed and staying small and doubles to keep things dry and no cross contamination. The problem is the smaller it is the more expensive in many cases. For clothing I bring 2 pairs of everything only. I wear one set for a few days and wash it and switch back and forth. Exception is bringing 4 pairs of underwear. I bring water shoes which are compact for camp life. For foods I use mountain house dehydrated. Compact and light. I use my top box as a table and pannier as a seat.

Hope this helps!

Joe