View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 03:48 PM   #17

Nice photos in this thread! I was born in Seattle, and lived in the Seattle/Tacoma area for 58 years. Then we moved to the big island of Hawaii near hilo, just over 4 years ago. I'll be 62 on Sunday. Been to Sunrise (and Paradise too) many times. Have ridden up there quite a few times too. Did some hiking up there, leaving from Sunrise. hiked i to Lake Elenor, and camper there for several days. Before any over nighter, I would go up to Sunrise, and, due to the thin air, go on a few short hikes too get better acclimated before going on the multi day hikes.

We used to camp near Mount Hood too. We took our kids to Ski Bowl in the summer. They have two side by side bob sled tracks there, and you ride up on the ski lift. In summer, they run carts on these tracks, and it's quite a blast.

My parents (both since have passed) were drive home from Portland to Seattle right when Mount Saint Helens blew her top. It was quite a mess. We were living on Lake Tapps in Bonney Lake when it blew, and got quite a dusting of ash. When I swept off our deck, it left the wood as if I had just sanded the whole thing. Very abbrasive stuff.

I think the RX-3 would be a good ride.