View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #52

Talk about stupid!

Let me just inform everyone that the fuel gauge on these bikes are NOT to be trusted! mine says I have about 2/3 of a tank. my issue was no fuel to the carbs. Put it on reserve and the bike started right up.

might be possible that the petcock has a clog though, so I'll be checking that out. Also plan to check valves just to be sure.

In the mean time, here's what I have going on. starts on choke and got it adjusted on idle after the motor warmed up. No issues with the engine speed coming back down after twisting the throttle. all in all, it's ok.

the down side....the bike is not running well at higher speeds. At about 45 MPH, it seems to start hesitating. It feels like if I give it more throttle it choaks. it doesn't have the same feel as the original carb which ran, but seemed like it was sputtering at 55. this one is more like a hesitation type of feeling and you can't coax it above 45. when not under load, it revs higher without a problem.. Is it possible its too much fuel?

I have not adjusted anything on the carb from what I stated below. 115/30 jets, pilot at 1 2/3 turns and needle at 2nd position from the top.

pilot back to 1 1/2? 120 main? NOS? turbo?

but hey....at least it's running!!!!!

Last edited by Sport Rider; 02-11-2016 at 09:57 PM.