Thread: Falcon 150
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #10

Ok, your quad appears to be equipped with a planetary reverse device, which is bolted to the rear of the case. For those who are unfamiliar with this engine, it's a scooter design, which means the output shaft on the rear of the case is designed to accept a rear scooter wheel. This quad has a planetary device bolted to that section and the output shaft directly drives the device. I highly recommend that it be drained, flushed with a little Varsol and filled with gear oil (don't overfill).

The rear section of the case has gears in it as well, which served as the final drive in scooter configuration. Look at the left side of the very back of the case and you'll see drain and fill plugs there as well. I use Castrol Syntec 75W90, because I'm looking to protect the gears as much as possible. Same goes for the planetary reverse device.

The engine can take plain 10W30, since it's not using a wet clutch. I use synthetic there as well, because I'm trying to coax every last pony out of it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer