View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 09:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I agree with Blackbike. I know problems can get frustrating, believe you me I know that all too well, even with my Honda and other big name bikes in the past. You just have to accept the bikes are a bit cheap. If the rear wheel hub failure is the reason (I couldn't find the specific post you mentioned in this thread about it) then instead of potentially spending hundreds of dollars in getting a whole TT250, why not order a TT250 rear hub and lace it up to your current rim. CSC has them listed for about $72, and the rear sprocket bolts to the hub instead of using the pin style cush drive of the Hawk. I have honestly considered doing this very same thing if I can't get my sprocket to stay in place. There are some unknowns as far as wheel spacers etc, but the rear suspension, brakes, etc are more or less the same. I am sure you could contact CSC or a willing TT250 owner to verify dimensions of parts.
Also, talk to whoever you bought the hawk from, they may have wheel sets lying around that they're willing to sell for cheap. I bought an extra wheelset (front and rear with tires) for $90.

Part of the reason these bikes are so cheap is because there is pretty much no service tech/dealer network that you're paying for. So instead of having the dealer/manufacturer take care of your issue, you have to figure it out. It's a daunting (at first) but rewarding experience! We'll give you all the help we can in this forum, you've got engineers, machinists, and generally handy guys galore here! It's doable, you just gotta stick with it.

Or you can offload the hawk, and if you want to continue riding motorcycles, buy a much more expensive one that comes with the peace of mind that having a dedicated service tech/dealer network brings (I wouldn't hold that against you if you did )