View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #11

Time for the annual trip to the N. IL Steam Show in Sycamore, IL. This year is different because Mrs. C said, "Hey, let's take the bike." That sound you heard was my jaw hitting the floor.

Anyway, as far as mileage goes, it's less than a 50 mile round trip between the grounds and Chez Fromage. Once we cross the Randall Rd., it's wide open country roads for the entire trip. Dairy air and corn cobs.

After we got the CX parked in the MC parking area, we spotted my daughter, son in law, and grandson coming in through the main entrance. We knew they'd be there, were just surprised that they'd get there at the same time.

So, babybel is now at the age where EVERYTHING is interesting. If he can touch, sit on, climb over, or lick it, he's there. Here he is on an old steam valve, pretending he's riding it.

His second cousin had a McCormick-Deering tractor at the show and set the kid in the drivers seat. Think he was excited?

We didn't get into the hit n miss engines because we spent most of the day around the tractors.
4.3l Chevy powered Ford 9n

Something we'd probably see at katos' place.

Can you say Mike Mulligan?

Flat head v8, with Offy heads, powering a Ford 9n.

I love the smell of coal smoke in the morning.

When the shift was made from steam to internal combustion, the new IC powered tractors still looked a bit like the steam tractors. This is an Avery.

As we were leaving, look what we found parked next to the Maggot. A well loved SilverWing.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts