View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #16

The aliexpress package arrived!

The was packaging on-par with 90% of the other orders I've had arrive from China. Everything was there and everything I've tested works. I have yet to test fuel pump because I self imposed a rule of no fuel indoors (gas tank and carb are out in the garage).

The CDI that came has a green LED next to the 4+2 pin connector. I'm assuming and hoping that LED blinks when the CDI gets the signal to fire the spark coil. I'm also hoping that the CDI has either no ignition advance or fixed ignition advance. That will make troubleshooting and diagnosing problems much easier.

The ECU connects to the software provided and all of the readings look good. The wires are potted into the case, BUT! it is a soft re-enterable potting compound similar to pure silicone or liquid electrical tape (not like the rock-hard kind that is used on CDI boxes) AND the case is screwed together, not glued or ultrasonically welded! I think my chances of at least getting the case open without destroying the PCB and/or case in the process are good.

In one of the pics you can see a size comparison to a microsquirt and its harness. The MS uses better, larger, more, and labeled wires. Of course, it's not really a comparison between the two as the MS can control up to 8 cylinders.

I'm jumping around between testing out the software, mentally running wires, and looking for places to mount the ECU, relays, fuses, fuel pump, spark coil, oil cooler, you get the idea.

Before I start going wild cutting, crimping, soldering, and swearing, is there anything anyone wants to know about the EFI kit? Honestly, as much as this project is about converting my engine to EFI, I see that there are a lot of people on this forum and all over the internet that would like to get a kit like this, but aren't sure if it will work at all, if it will work with their particular engine and bike. I want to share as much knowledge about this kit and project as I can so maybe someone will come across this thread or one like it, read it and get the information that they were searching for, or be encouraged to try out a project on their own and have all the support that this forum and most of the other forums around the internet.

Demon cat (Nollie) says FEED ME!
Attached Images

Last edited by glavey; 01-25-2019 at 12:03 AM.