View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 11:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Did you come up highway 97 through WA, or the WABDR?

When you rode west on Highway 3 (called the Crowsnest), did you ride to exit 92 and cross the border into Sumas?

Had to check Google Maps to see which route we took exactly. From Seattle we went across the North Cascades HWY (my favorite road in Washington) and stayed in Winthrop for the night, and then from there we messed around on some roads heading up to Nighthawk, WA (where apparently the WABDR ends I had no idea though at the time). One of my buddies and I started out riding Nighthawks so it was only fitting to stop and get a picture. We encountered a lot of dirt roads which on my triumph was not as fun as it could of been had I been on an RX-3, but was actually one of the reasons I started looking for a dual sport and bought the RX-3. Then we cut back down to 97 and crossed at the Osoyoos/Oroville crossing and then like mentioned cut over on highway 3 (is that a well known road for motorcycles/scenic drive?) Headed up 5A and stayed near Kamloops for the night. Unfortunately the last day we were in B.C. it decided to rain cats and dogs so instead of taking the scenic routes we blasted down the 5 through Merritt connected with the Trans Canada Hwy and took that to Sumas which was a really easy border crossing, at least compared to all the others I've seen for getting back in to the U.S. This summer I want to do a similar trip, except explore more dirt roads and scenic roads, and make sure the weather will be good for the whole week.

I gotta say I left very impressed with Canadians and how nice and genuine they were. Definitely true what everyone says. All the Hortons we stopped in we ended up talking and making friends, including with one guy on a Kawasaki Ninja from Toronto who rode with us for a bit. Also, the drivers in B.C. were awesome too, almost every single one of them would move right to let us pass and then waved at us as WE rode by. ha on other side of the border in the U.S. we'd get a wave but sometimes it'd be with one single finger located in the middle of ones left hand.