View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 10:44 AM   #39

I use GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program). It is free, and has all of the useful filters and image processing tools that photoshop has. But I gave up on Adobe LONG ago since they figured out a way to prevent me from running my legitimate Photoshop license. They want an annual subscription now.

GIMP is nice. I take nice high rez photos with my Panasonic DMC-FZ28 or my Motorola phone, then transfer them to my computer (USB).
Then,
-open in GIMP and enhance the image (contrast, brightness, color balance, etc). These options are under the "Color" pull down menu. You can "undo" mistakes and redo the modifications
-there is a crop tool that you can use to eliminate border and just work with the part of the image you want to.
-resize the image for posting. I have found that 150 pixels per inch and 3 or 4 inches wide gets under the max image size for his forum (image pull down- "scale image")
Use the export tool to create a JPG or PNG (dozens of file types available), and the image it ready for posting:

Name:  GIMP.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  61.4 KB

I found this bozo on the internet.

Images take LOTS of space on a server. I totally understand the limitations, and work within them.