View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 11:26 PM   #8

Agreed ! flushing the whole system is probably the best idea anyway ! just from a maintenance point of view.... it's a 2020 model so coolant has never been changed and it has gotten very hot.... so getting rid of the coolant that is in there is a good idea !
antifreeze is a strange animal, it's not the best COOLANT in the world so they add wetting agents into it to make it transfer the heat better.... who is to tell if that wetting agent is now compromised or not ? I can't say, but I do think it's better to err on the side of safety and just replace it all !....
it is however not impossable for the water pump to be the problem ! if the coolant circulation is slower than normal it will over heat.... although the heat gauge is a joke on the RX4 on the 2021 model I can't say for the 2020 model the new TFT dash
is "Generous" as Joey at CSC told me...
but the whole over heating thing should definately be repaired as it can destroy the engine ! ....
over heating can also be caused by running too lean a mixture of fuel... which is highly unlikely.... but it could happen.....
I discovered that the factory setting for the ECU is 14.1 fuel to air ratio which is extreamily lean to begin with.... I seriously doubt it could run any leaner than it comes stock from the factory ! it's ridicously lean ! .... I changed all the settings in my ECU to 12.1 instead of 14.1 and the bike really preforms much better and runs cooler as well
i can accelerate at 70mph without having to wait for it to do so... unlike stock !
so I really expect it's just low on coolant....
and sense he hasn't said otherwise.... well, it's all mute ! LOL
Bob......