Thread: Jetmoto 200
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 03:17 PM   #11

I'm gonna enjoy this build; those Jetmoto bikes have the best exhaust layout, and decent snail adjusters. What are your plans? Are you sticking with the stock rims, or moving to 21/18? Are you changing to aluminum?

There are only two adjustment screws on the 30mm Mikuni; the idle screw (on the right side, from rider's perspective) and the pilot mixture screw, which is controlling fuel, not air. The pilot mixture screw is underneath the carb, in front of the float bowl.

To be clear, the pilot mixture screw is responsible for the transition from idle to main, and if it is backed out too far, you'll get too much fuel at idle, which might be your problem. Looking at it from another angle, if you need to back the screw out more than two turns, you need a bigger slow jet. Since you already have a 30 slow jet, try gently seating the screw to see if it will start. From there, back the screw out 1/4 turn at a time, until there is no bog when you quickly open the throttle.

I hope that helps.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer