View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 01:48 AM   #2

After you vote, please feel free to comment concerning why you chose any particular tire, or tires.

I chose the Zongshen ZS200GY-2 tire for several reasons. Firstly, I have experience with this tire, since I mounted one of these tires on the rear wheel of my Zongshen Sierra (ZS200GY-2).

However, after I wore out this tire, I could not buy another. When I bought this tire, it was the only knobby tire in size 130/90-15 available for sale in North America. When I was ready to replace this tire, Zongshen America had stopped importing it. Since that time no vendor in North America has sold a knobby tire which fits the Zong's rear wheel.

I also chose this tire because it has the most aggressive tread for any tire I have seen which will fit the Zong's rear wheel. Street tires this size are readily available. However, if you want to ride off road, an aggressive tire tread works best. This tire also works very well on pavement; it doesn't have any negative features.

Finally, I chose this tire since it should also be the least expensive of the three tires included in the survey.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894