View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAmaral007 View Post
I'm doing the carb swap within the next couple of days. Was wondering if I could get some help/info/pics/directions as far as getting everything hooked up and deleting/capping some things. I'm ok with messing with jets and air/fuel mixture, I just want to make sure everything is hooked up correctly.
Its fairly straight forward the only thing that carries over from the factory carb is the fuel line the factory intake has vacuum ports on it that would need caped off if your going to use it but I'd recommend getting a bigger one for a pit bike with the extra base bolting holes because if your carb is much bigger than stock you will need to turn it around and have the carb/intake face forward or it wont fit because the starter is in the way you will also want a in line fuel petcock because the factory one I built into the stock carb the emissions pump/air pump on the right side of the head can be removed but the metal tube coming up from the bottom of the head needs caped off or a block off plate made for the head because it will be an exhaust lean if you don't the factory air box will not work with most aftermarket carb/intakes so you'll need a pod filter most likely and if your mounting your carb facing forward I'd recommend getting a filter with a type of water splash shield on it the factory air box also has a crank case vent going to it I'd recommend just attaching it to the frame up high as it can reach with out getting it pinched or restricted with a little filter for it if you can find one

That's all I can remember from when I did my swap but I did mine awhile ago so I may have forgotten some

I'll post a picture of the intake petcock and filter types I referred to
Attached Images