View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 10:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM View Post
Darkrider,
I have been considering going with a new Honda electric start engine. This would solve quite a few potential problems. Another option is a Honda flywheel and dual Honda charge coils. This could solve the lighting problem and allow me to keep the lightweight Hemi Predator engine. The Honda flywheels are not prone to failure like the clone flywheels supposedly are. That might be the way to go and I’ll check into it. Work lights for use at night would be nice to have. I just purchased a Tillotson carb (the hot ticket for fueling these small engines). I’ll most likely stay with the Hemi engine for now. I’m also thinking about adding a small motorcycle gel battery and solar panel that I have, to keep it charged. A battery tender will be used in the garage to keep the battery topped off.

I’ve been working on a few other additions that I would like to add to my CT200U. I’ll be posting about them in my build thread.

SamM
Def some good ideas there! Looking forward to seeing what you add to your build. Another reason for a small motorcycle engine in this one is because the finished project will probably be used in some ghost town expeditions. So speed is kind of a factor as well.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)