View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 01:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM View Post
I’m considering a small Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki engine for my Fox Thunderbolt. Maybe a TTR125 engine with a big bore kit. Yamaha TTR125L forks could be adapted to the stock Fox neck. This would put the bike into the playbike category. The stock type jackshaft could be retained on the Thunderbolt. Stock Fox wheels and brakes would be used as well and a bigger fuel tank. This would make a nice little retro 170+cc playbike. The Fox leading link fork would be a perfect match for the CT200U. These are my thoughts so far.

SamM

I will admit i needed to do a google search on the Fox. Def an interesting looking bike. After giving it some thought of how it would look with newer forks...Kinda gives ideas for similar build. But using forks and rear suspension from an older bike but powering it with a single cyl horizontal shaft motor.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)