View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 06:05 PM   #21

Losing some of my enthusiasm, I put off the next round most of the week. Decided today was it.
Everyone, including me, was nice about it. Took well over an hour. They tried to catch me out but no, I had ALL my freaking paperwork from previous efforts. Not getting rid of me that easily.
Attempt one. Bunch of papers. some to be signed by me. The computer spat it out as a moped again. Paperwork off to be filed under screwups somewhere.

I wonder if the DMV hire wildebeests on purpose or working there turns you into one.

Redo all the paperwork. Re-signing it. But skipped asking me to produce the same stuff a third time. Nope. Moped.

Trash it all. Call in head wildebeest. They alternate poking at various computer things and sit and stare for a straight 20 minutes. Then I signed all the stuff yet again. Along with some sort of thing saying I didn't have to pay for the replacement title and tag. This time the paperwork went into the non-trash file and out the door I went.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next poor soul trying to tag one of these in South Carolina gets pushed down the moped stairs too. But anyway. Been cold for the last two weeks and suddenly turned gorgeous and spring like. Riding this thing as a commuter bike tomorrow in the sunshine! (If I don't get run over by a truck.)