View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #7

yes the holes do need to be expanded out a bit, how much? well, thats going to depend on the sweat-shop that put the thing together. i would say between 1/4 to 1/2 a inch is about right.

one thing no one on here (that i've seen) will tell you is that these china "exhausts" are NOT a direct bolt on. mine required a LOT of tweaking to get it so it wasnt rubbing on the engine casing and the back support by the rear brake reservoir. oh and the air box. and believe me, stainless steel does not want to bend at all.

and lastly, if its touching the air box it well melt it (ask me how i know!) my solution was to cut off about 1 inch of the air box, fashion a piece of plastic to fill the gap and used JB Weld Plastic Epoxy to get it all back into shape (dont forget the can of flat black.) unfortunately i couldn't prevent the back piece from rubbing in the back, so to minimize the contact i put a U shape bracket in there so it has less surface to transfer heat and its been ok since then. oh and, heat wrap does NOTHING to prevent direct contact heat transfer other then slow it down a bit.

pictures attached. enjoy. (and the melted look is just my shoddy application of the epoxy, it hasn't melted at all)