View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 01:00 AM   #13

Well I can try but must admit that when it comes to electrickery I need to try hard to keep up.

The main thing that seems to differ from what Recracer has is that my fuel tank is/going to be on the floor and I cant come straight out the back of the engine with the manifold/throttle body.

Mr Yang has suggested I use components from the scooter set up they do. My fairing/centre console is just behind the engine, pretty much about where the mouth of the carb would have been, could of cut a hole in the fairing but then I would have been laying on it and blanking it off hence the need for something different.

The scoot motors cylinder lays flat so needs a bent manifold to bring the carb etc back to level, the EFI system needs fill the same space so it too has a 45deg(ish) bend in the manifold and has the injector nozzle mounted right at the engine flange end pointing straight down at the inlet valve. If the injector was mounted on the straight piece of tube beside the throttle body the spray would of had to go up the venturi and round the bend before entering the engine, this is not so good says MR Yang.

In addition the plumbing is much easier for me to set up in my situation. On Rons bike he has the vapour separator and filter mounted into the bottom of the tank where as on my system these parts will be separate so can be mounted where convenient. With my tank being on the deck I will need to pump the fuel up, was going to use a header tank for gravity feed but with the scooter set up Mr Yang thinks I can use my pump connected straight to the EFI system as its a very low pressure pump designed to be connected straight to a carb.

I've got some diagrams but think I should seek permission before posting them up.

Gotta run now.......

Laters