View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #1

Fuel Injection for Zongshen 200 CG

Hi guys, It’s been a while again! Plans went very wrong last year when the bottom fell out of my overtime, the sidecar rebuild project along with racing in general went out the window. The Zongshen 200 powered outfit has been getting a lot of love over past months though and not having the money to go racing anyway has given me plenty of thinking time to consider a lot of aspects and ergonomic practicalities of how we will operate in the field (not a ploughed field obviously). I’ll get a thread up in the next few days.

As work continues I am still trying to decide what to do with the carb. I’ve moved the motor forward and tilted it forward as much as I can but I’m now seated further forward too so the problem of me laying on the carb is still present. It basically wont fit in the space available or it gets choked or blocked off if I move it elsewhere.

I did eventually get hold of this adjustable CDI unit as per recommendations from Humanbeing. I never got as far as trying to work out how to wire it up though but as it happens I may not need it now because…………………………..

I came across this nice little Fuel injection system on Taobao

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...&id=1973544318

It would seem these people are paying quite a lot of attention to getting the details right and want to know the engine type, size and model plus intended use. This makes me think they may know what they are doing and could this be the answer to my problems? It could be mounted at any angle and I’d be able to get it in the space available and feed it from a pressurised airbox. The ECU seems to be quite clever (or so they say) self-learning and setting up via computer, tab, phone via Bluetooth! I see there is a normal looking CDI box in the kit but don’t know if the ECU replaces the need to have the an adjustable CDI?
So does anyone have any experience of this or similar EFI systems they could advise me on? I am puzzled how it gets the mixture right, could it just be worked out from head temp and airflow meter? They say you don’t need to run the Lamda sensor if not on the road.

They also have this oil cooler set up which looks neat and tidy, same as above, anyone with any experience?

If I use TB trends to buy this thing it’s going to be a bit of a gamble that they translate all the right information over to the seller so I get the right bits don’t you think?

Last edited by Jibberwobble; 06-02-2015 at 12:36 PM.