View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 08:07 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
The battery is fully charged (12.65v). The signal controls the illumination sequence, the relay controls the duration of current supply to the signal. The relay was removing current before the sequence was complete. It was dim because only 5-6 LEDs lit per flash. By slowing the flash and extending the current duration the signal can complete the sequence now. This also makes them brighter because all the LEDs now light up on every flash. Of course they are even brighter with the engine running due to the higher voltage.

I got everything back together and the only thing I forgot was the little crush washer on the choke where it mates with the carb and to take photos. I'll put it back on the next time I have things apart. I had two disappointing surprises during disassembly/reassembly. The left side tapped hole in the rear subframe where the rear taillight support frame attaches was stripped and the idle screw is hidden behind and tight against the frame making it very difficult to adjust. The stripped threads are an easy fix but the idle screw will always be a PITA.

Despite the problems, I like it more and more. Now all I need is some 40*+ days to ride it!
Great news! I am using the Winter shutdown to get the bike ready. Not riding in 40's!, so it will be a couple of months.