View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 06:56 PM   #6

But my adventures weren't over yet.

The headlight was really shaky, so I checked the mounting bolts. Good thing I did ... they had rattled loose and one was about to fall out. Tightened them up and got rolling before the mosquitos ate me alive.

But between the rising dark and the loose conditions, I couldn't make my turn from the trail onto the main dirt road. Went wide, couldn't stop and put my RX3 into a ditch. The skid plate caught on the berm, stopping it sharp and I went over the handlebars.

I've done this many times on my mountain bike and fell like a pro. No real injuries, but I banged my thigh on the handlebar and got a big lump in the muscle. It's really sore and will probably bruise up today. I was wearing full helmet, pants and jacket with back pad, but I'm glad I didn't land on a rock.

The bike is fine. Both front and rear crash bars did their job and nothing bent or broke. Someone stopped and helped me pull it out of the ditch and it started right up. The mirrors were loose, but no damage, not even to the side box on the ground (thanks to the rear crash bar). Probably some scrapes and the skid plate and bars, but I couldn't tell in the dark. It started right up and rode 30 more miles down the canyons to the house.

I've got to say, this bike is tough. I couldn't be happier with how it took that fall and shook it off. I rode away like nothing happened.

Sorry, no pics of the crash ... forgot to put my phone in airplane mode and it died looking for signal.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol