View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickle_wayne View Post

If anyone would like to PM me your recommendations, I am open to suggestions. Just trying to get the best experience and longevity out of my Hawk. Waiting on the carb, jets, sprockets, and digital cluster to arrive. The recommended chain from Hawk250 was currently out of stock. Ready to turn these metric wrenches!!!
Everyone is always happy to chime in their .02 on any subject around here. you probably figured out that hertz (the guy with the big wet nose and fuzzy floppy ears) and I are the only kooks around here, and with an ocassional zinger from the back lot.

Thanks for playing. Just use the JASO-MA STANDARD for wet clutch operation. Beyond that all oil is manufactured to very high standards probably way above the minimum requirements of this 1970's type architecture as far as hawk like hondoids are concerned. Many use Rotella T6 synthetic . The key is with any oil to keep it clean and changed.

Also, here is an unrelated article talking about a Chinese produced, non cam , soon to be in production, automotive engine. Holy grail stuff the way they make it sound. http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...tion-in-china/
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~