View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #3

Great writeup! I hope to bump into members in So. Cal. one of my trips back. The funny thing about growing up there is how few degrees you are to 'famous' people; but since knowing people doesn't help you much other than making interesting conversation, the better thing was being able to go places, such as the beach, on a random day or night. Not to mention all the low-lying hills (ok, they are currently on fire, but you know what I mean) one can explore. Up to the mid-90s, there were TONS of riding places in the hills above Northridge and Chatsworth in the San Fernando Valley--now there are literally thousands of homes built up, but back then, there were nights where a group of us would meet after college at one of the restaurant/bars for happy hour, and then go off-roading in the night. Nothing major, of course, but at least, even then, I appreciated how surrealistic it was to go to college, go to work, meet after work for drinks or at one of our homes to share some beers, in a suburban setting, and then go a few miles into the hills, and then back again.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard