Thread: Moto Cult
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 02:35 PM   #45

I DO wish that I used the thinner gasket, but have no desire to have the cylinder milled. I can already tell from the heat on my right lower leg, that I run a little hotter, and honestly I am satisfied enough with my results that I probably won't even fool with the steel head gasket, but I may eventually, after the weather gets cold again. I did all my stuff at once, do I don't know which mod gave me the biggest boost, but it definitely gave my bike much longer legs. Also, I usually try to get, non ethanol 90
octane, but in warmer weather when I use gas fast, I sometimes just run mid grade gas from what ever station is closest. I would think that if I had a lot more compression, I would not only run a lot hotter, but have to be pickier about gas. The best performance that I could gain , in reality is to loose some weight, but from a strictly logical point of view, I should have left my motor alone till it needed rebuilt, because when I was running a 16/46, it was still alright for what I was using it for, and I was using my KPX for longer rides on the main roads. Now I am using the Hawk in the same way a lot, and putting more wear, and tear on it, and not riding the KPX enough. I am going to go for a ride in a few minutes, and take the KPX.