Thread: Moto Cult
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 10:33 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
I swear I read on MotoCult's site a while back that with the stage 3 kit the bike would get past the 7000 rpm range and closer to 10,000. It still says you get a 48% increase in power.

Oh well. I have noticed that it's snappier with the new pipe, even feels like it wants to wheelie, but still dogs out at the higher rpm's.
I have went the cheaper way, and did not buy from Motocult, but I have the long duration cam, timing advance key, and a home ported head, along with a 250cc jug, and piston (70mm). I also have the roller followers, and my definitely has more power at higher RPM than it did. I don't think 10,000 rpm would be possible, and if it were, it's power would have probably dropped off, but my bike will pull, and still be making good powered past 8,000. I don't like to run it past 8,000, but I have let it get a little past it a few times, in the lower gears , mainly by accident. Some say that it's not really stressing these motors to run such high RPM , but I don't like to. Warming up the CG motor has kinda fallen out of favor, because a lot are just switching to the OHC, 6 speed, but if I compare my Hawk to my KPX, there is no real difference in range if the bikes, and I am sure the Hawk will out accelerate the KPX, and both bikes run , and run unstressed , on the fast main roads. The only use my Hawk could possibly have for a 6th gear, would be in the case of wanting it to be able to crawl through harsh rocky terrain, and therefore using lower sprocket ratios.