View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 02:46 PM   #1

Dissatisfaction with Tao Motor 250 TBR7 Adult Enduro Motorcycle

I recently purchased a Chinese Tao Motor 250 TBR7 Adult Enduro Motorcycle from KillerMotorSports in Texas. It finally arrived and I began assembly. First, the side stand was not the proper one and way too long. The neutral light shows neutral, but the rear wheel will not turn. It is locked as if in gear, but I cannot get into Real neutral without taking the chain loose. Now the rear wheel is locked up again. Even more, the cycle is not firing nor getting spark. The replies are few and not too helpful from the seller. 50 years of working on Jap bikes and nothing like this ever came up. I cannot appreciate this cycle nor the company that sold it to me. They should send someone to look at it and fix the problems and bring the proper side stand. It looks as though I may need to report this incident to the BBB before long.

All the first problems mentioned were due to Tao Motors" lack of instructions for assembly. I had no idea that the mono-shock was not fastened until I discovered it on my own. Fastening the bottom of it solved 2 problems. Just the electrical problem remains.

Last edited by boygold; 07-22-2021 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Discovered more to assemble