View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 02:48 PM   #7

Really sorry about your experience. EFI is a crap shoot since any faulty part can send it into a tail spin, and as Emerikol mentions, Quality Control is a random game on these bikes.

I have had cracked cast wheel hub on a Templar X -PSM sent me a new wheel!
No intake manifold gasket on a Templar X (fixed with 600F RTV)
Other less serious issues. Shipping damage has been the most serious problem, but I think I have had an average experience. Fortunately, PowerSportsMax was responsive and excellent while working through these issues. Zuumav seems to have good welders and are following (cloning) an excellent design (KTM and Honda!)

Multiple issues with a TBR7, including bad welds (the footpeg fell off when I put my foot on it), BADLY twisted intake manifold gluing, battery compartment didn't fit the tall battery sent with the bike, wrong hardware for rear brakelight switch, and more). What a steaming pile that thing was. I patched it up and sold it. The bad welding was the most serious problem-think about it... the entire frame depends on welded unions! Scary!

When EFI issues happen, they can be real headscratchers. I will NEVER buy an EFI aspirated Chinese bike! I know, EFI is like the gold ring for those that want altitude change and no choke performance. To me, that is just NOT worth the risk. Carbs are so easy to work on, and I like having the choke to monitor the engines fuel/air "happiness". And I can jet a carb where I want to, not the onboard computer (and EPA!).

Just to fend off the EFI fans, I will restate... I know, EFI is like gold for those that want altitude change and no choke performance. A carburetor CANNOT do that.