View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 05:52 PM   #8

Are you still all about the family on this one, because if you are it does not matter what you are riding down the interstate you are limited to the speed of the slowest bike in the family, not how fast over the limit you want to go, how deep your wallet is and how many points are on your license.

Even if everyone else is riding a GS there is still a 70 MPH speed limit sign in the highway, and on the dirt you still have the laws of physics to contend with. And there is that old situation where the guy with the best bike in the group is also the worst rider.

It's all relative.

People have gone around the world on the Honda CRF250, and carried everything they needed. They have also done it on Honda postie bikes and someone ran the Mongolian Rally last year on a pair of Sinnis 125cc models.

I'm sure someone has done the NE BDR on a Harley Fat Boy so what you NEED for that one jaunt is a matter of opinion also.

It's OK if you want a Tenere 700, even if I would buy a dozen other bikes ahead of it. It is not a bike I could handle at this point in my life. Unless I had two or three buddies with me to pick it up I doubt that I would ever have been able to handle it.

Are you trying to get us to talk you out of it or into it?

As for your unicorn bike??? That would be a Honda NC750X.