View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Jmcgee - I had a whole lot of back and forth with my DMV out here. PM me with where you live in GA and I'll do my best to walk you through the process. I have a Hawk with a title and tag, and it was only a little bit of frustration. Of course, I'm looking at it in the rearview mirrors of about 8 months now, so there's that... Let me know if I can help.
It was a few years back when I titled 'n taged my Qlink in rural GA. Registration was a breeze. However, the county did not collect sales tax... SOooo... the state of GA came back wanting the $75? in sales tax. I responded "it was an internet sale (from Columbus, GA) and thus not subject to sales tax" (note: since the sale was from an in-state vendor, I belatedly believe sales tax was due.) However, I did not hear back from GA... BUT... the state subsequently did place a lien on my house for the tax. Apparently the lien expired by the time I sold the house, no motorcycle / lien tax was taken during closing. (Anyway, GA if you are listening, I have you down in my will for those monies. :-) )
Qlink XF200