Thread: Rpoc
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 10:17 PM   #13

Got it home tonight. The ride was...different. The closest thing I can compare it to is an early seventies snowmobile with bogie suspension. A bit of body english is needed at times when turning, especially when entering a roundabout. All in all, a fun 35 mile ride, though my upper body took a beating. The CX it ain't. Also, in over forty years of riding, I've never used a heel toe shifter. Something else to learn.

The sidecar. I have two fifty pound bags of sand in there for ballast.

The dash.

Either the Trail Tech or the speedo is lying. The speedo will show 65 and the Trail Tech shows 54. I think it's somewhere in between. When I get the new tires on, I'll recalibrate and relocate the Trail Tech.

The new tires showed up today which I thought was pretty good as they weren't supposed to ship until Monday.

Besides the new tires, there are a few adjustment to make. The rear brakes are way too loose and the idle is too high but that seems to be all I can really fault for now.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts