View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 04:51 PM   #95

VT Title

I just made up the model name "GY150..." something or other. Left the driver's licence block blank. Didn't send any pictures. Didn't send proof of insurance, I did get a quote from my company but they wanted to know where it was registered, so I didn't get the insurance until I got the tag. It was just a regular bill of sale I got of the internet, not notarized.

They don't issue a title for bikes under 300CC or over a certain age but they are supposed to send a certificate of ownership. The certificate is supposed to be as good as a title and you can use it to register in your state.

I still haven't received the certificate or an expiration sticker for the tag. I only got a copy of my application back along with the tag. All I sent was the bill of sale, the application form, and a check. I based sales tax on $500, which is their minimum valuation, since I couldn't find a blue book value.

Frankly, I think sending a picture is probably a good idea to show the bike is street legal since they don't show up in any database.