Thread: dads last bike
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 08:45 AM   #8

i believe at longest setting they are 12.5" in length but i will verify that when i get out to barn today.

buddy called me last night, he stumbled up on a 72 ct90. all stock and in nice shape for a good price. not ran in a few years. i been wanting one for a while but either they are basket cases or are nearly perfect and in either case were to much $$$. this one is fairly close and looks to be the one!

last thing in need is another bike, odds are very good that i will bring it home. and that will make bike #7 in my barn!

my buddy has a couple of em and really enjoys em. he also has a nice xr650l and xt225. and a brand new grom! his grom is for sale as the ct out performs it with the lifan 125 engine installed.

if i get the ct i will snap a few pics...

Quote:
I had similar plans for a CM if I'd got one, just less aggressive tread.
i would go with a less aggressive tread as well, but since i get these maxxis so cheap... i will run em. if i didn't have a line on these tires i would prolly run kenda270 or shinko244.

the cm ran very well, actually stronger than i thought it would for an automatic. but i think the 5 speed version would be a hoot. i got home and started prepping my ktm 300mxc for upcoming dual sport ride in renfro valley, ky. and nearly looped it! i had gotten used to the large throttle inputs on the cm to get it going... the ktm doesn't need that... i nearly flipped it!

after i cleaned my shorts.... i had to laugh..