Thread: Vader 150
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 10:25 PM   #3

I've done the same in the past with a roketa bike.
Basically, I will want to achieve top speed in 4th (4th gear equal 5th stock); and in 5th gear I just want to cruise at lower speeds, and lower rpm.

My roketa used to occasionally have a slipping clutch (wet clutch) with the high gear ratio at wot in final gear.
I'm not going to do that on this bike.

The engine won't know the difference between 4th and stock 5th, as the overall gear ratio is the same.
From online, the 150 should do about 65-70mph tops. That is in 5th gear stock rear sprocket, or 4th gear modded.
I plan on mainly cruising at 35-55mph in 5th gear, so it's not really lugging the engine. Engine gets lugged more in stock 4th or 5th gear during acceleration, than modded in 5th for cruising.

The 125 I had before ran really wonderfully at 2.5k rpm at 40mph. I doubt I can gear the 150 that low; but will if I can.

My pet peeve with the roketa 125 (probably same engine and transmission specs as a gen 1 Vader 125), is that at those sprocket ratios, you really need an extra gear. And the 125 wasn't accelerating fast enough to keep up with traffic, unless I'd rev it all the way to 5k rpm..

I'm fairly sure this 150cc can handle it, especially with the extra (5th) gear.